Health & Safety - The Fundamentals: e-learning training course
This short e-learning course comprises an introduction and two easy-to-follow study units. Unit 2 deals with Risk - its assessment and management - whilst unit 3 covers the general aspects of Health and Safety in the context of the workplace.
- Unit 1 - How to Use the Course
- Unit 2 - Introduction to Health and Safety
- Unit 3 - Safety at Work
Learning Objectives: at the end of the course, students will be aware of:
- The policies and procedures they need to observe to keep safe at work
- The responsibilities that everyone has to promote health and safety at work
- An introduction to fire safety and turning off utilities in an emergency
- The procedures for safe moving and handling
- What they can and can’t do when an incident needs emergency first aid
- An awareness of medication and healthcare procedures
- Key tips regarding their personal security and safety.
Risk Management / Assessment Aspects students will cover include:
- Their attitude to risk
- The five principal risk factors
- The human, economic and legal costs of accidents
- How to identify hazards and evaluate risks
- The five key steps of risk assessment
- How to conduct a basic risk assessment.